Created for the people who are the 'face' of your dealership
QUICK LINK to RV TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION RESOURCES
QUICK LINK to LEARNING CENTER CERTIFICATION APPLICATIONS
QUICK LINK to LEARNING CENTER CERTIFICATION FAQ
The Learning Center offers five certification programs. The credentials are designed to recognize individuals employed in the RV industry that demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their jobs and a commitment to professionalism. The Learning Center partnered with The Ohio State University's Center for Education and Training for Employment to develop certifications, competency profiles, and instructional materials in the following areas:
- Service Manager
- Service Writer/Advisor
- Warranty Administrator
- Parts Manager
- Parts Specialist
Service writer/advisor, warranty administrator, and parts specialist certifications are appropriate for individuals currently employed in the industry with at least one year of service, parts, warranty department, or related industry experience.
Management-level parts and service personnel with at least two years work experience in RV service, parts, or related industry experience and possess the necessary supervisory and budget planning knowledge, are eligible for the service manager and parts manager certifications.
How to Prepare
- Service Manager - $249
- Service Writer/Advisor - $199
- Warranty Administrator - $199
- Parts Manager - $249
- Parts Specialist - $199
Certification includes a rigorous testing process that ensures dealers their certified staff are knowledgeable in their field according to industry standards, as well as what is displayed in each position's competency profile
. Review the certification FAQ
. Questions and answers regarding the application and testing process as well as how to obtain test results are located within the FAQ sheet.
Resources to prepare working professionals for certification:
- RV Industry Training Calendar offers information about classroom and online training programs available throughout North America.
- Learning Guides complement existing in-house training programs. RV industry trainers will often use the guides as supporting materials.
- Online readiness tests or pre-assessments help individuals assess their job knowledge and preparedness for certification.
- Training programs offered by Florida RV Trade Association’s Distance Learning Network. The online training program offers instructional content for almost every position at an RV dealership.
- Manufacturer, supplier, distributor, and professional RV industry trainers help certification candidates build on their base of on-the-job experience with formal, structured training.
- RV Dealers International Convention/Expo. The annual event offers over 20 hours of timely education workshops.